Jesus Is the Vine, We are the Branches

From the looks of last week's poll, most of the poll takers consider themselves to be warm Christians. That's awesome. And it's no coincidence, especially if you are praying and reading the Word on a regular basis.

Jesus said
, "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples." (Jon 15: 5-8)

His words are true. We must "remain in Him" if expect to grow. That is, if we are not connect to the Vine, we won't bear fruit. We can't do it on our own. We can't even expect our prayers for others to really work unless we are completely attached to Jesus.

Are you praying for a friend? Jesus said, "If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you."

I just love how Jesus uses His creation to explain His nature.

1 comments

Make A Comment